Ever wonder what it takes to upgrade your ideal client and boost profitability?
Recently I was talking to one of my coaching clients about her ideal client. Although she’s actively marketing, she doesn’t seem to be attracting ideal clients who are ready to hire her. I was curious so I asked her to tell me more about her ideal client. Thankfully, she’s been a great client and was able to eloquently rattle off intimate details about her ideal client just as I’ve coached her to know. #proudcoach #clientlove #idealclientclarity
It became clear to me as I listened that one tiny element was missing from her ideal client description. It led me to say to her, “Your ideal client is ALWAYS ready, willing and able to invest in your programs, services and products.”
Here’s what I know:
- Each of us is born with a drive – a will or desire – to do well. It’s that innate belief in who we are that’s already there. It’s in us from our first day on the planet.
- Life happens, good or bad conversations occur and we experience dramas and traumas. It affects what we believe about ourselves.
- It’s not what happens to us that makes the difference, but how we respond to it that determines how we move forward.
Entrepreneurial leaders understand that it takes higher standards to work with only the best, most ideal client.
Coaches recognize the value of belief at a much deeper in order to be successful.
We find ways to re-activate that innate belief from our birth and raise it to a higher level. We discover how to get things done and believe that anything is possible. We practice principles to support us in maintaining the highest belief possible in ourselves. We know that everything is possible when we believe.
As a coach, I even understand the why you must challenge your client’s thinking about what she believes inside of a selling conversation. Fear shows up and so does your opportunity to coach.
If your potential client is resistant to your coaching, you have a choice. If your potential client isn’t open to making the shift you’re challenging her to make, you must make a decision. It may be time for you to accept that she may not be your ideal client.
There is one more opportunity for you if you truly believe she is not your ideal client: You must upgrade your ideal client.
The dictionary defines upgrade as to raise (something) to a higher standard. I love this definition because it’s exactly what I want you to do about your ideal client. I want you to raise your standard for ideal client to a higher level.
So, how do you upgrade your ideal client?
- Only work with clients whose values align with yours. If your values don’t align, it will feel like tug of war. It may have been fun growing up but tug of war is no fun at all when you’re trying to make a difference in the life or business of your client.
- Only attend events where you’re likely to meet your ideal clients. Going to any old event is a waste of your time. Time is money so be intentional about where and how you spend it.
- Only offer opportunities to your ideal clients to experience you and your work. Conduct sample coaching sessions and no-cost training events that are attended by your most ideal clients only. This requires you to be intentional in your marketing.
- Only coach clients you can believe in and fully support their endeavors. This is another nod about values. It’s also about upgrading standard of coaching you’re delivering to your ideal clients.
- Only serve clients who appreciate the value of your programs, products and services. People who leave early or don’t show up for scheduled opportunities to learn from you have missed the mark. Move on so you can serve the ones who are present, excited and ready to invest in you.
Upgrading her ideal client really helped my client. She’s becoming more intentional than ever in her marketing. As a result, she’s truly attracting her ideal clients and they are happily investing in her programs, services and products. She’s having more fun, making more money and coaching at a higher level, too. That’s what upgrading your ideal client looks like!
Want to boost your bottom line profits? It’s time to upgrade your ideal client!